Want to do something interesting?
Tired of working in a boring software project you don’t really care about?
Come work at Leiki! We are a growing and profitable company which offers text analysis and recommendation SaaS using our own unique ontology based product. Business is booming and we are expanding rapidly in Europe and USA, so we need more people! Right now we are looking for our Helsinki office:
System Administration / Java Developer
Sure, there will be refactoring, fixing bugs and writing tests as always – but you can also expect to work with interesting challenges due to new features, ever increasing efficiency requirements and varied international customers. Leiki also has a flat & flexible organization where everybody from newcomer to CEO can give input on how to do things better, be it project methodology or a new algorithm. If this sounds good to you and you have the right skills, we want to hear from you!
At the moment we are looking for an experienced Java Developer who is also able to handle sysadmin work. We are open both to people who have been so far primarily Java developers and are interested in doing more sysadmin work as well as to sysadmins that are interested in doing more programming. The proportion of each role can vary according to business needs as well as your own strengths and interests. Our team already has one sysadmin so you are not expected to put all the proper sysadmin procedures in place starting from scratch – but if you could then that is certainly a plus!
Applicants should have:
- 3+ years of industry experience.
- Strong experience in managing Linux servers.
- Strong experience in some of the following: cloud services, configuration management such as Docker or Pupper, TCP/IP networking, scripting languages or clustered services.
- Experience in SQL and databases.
- Experience in developing server side Java applications.Experience in unit testing.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and good general communication skills.
We also appreciate:
- Relevant degree (such as M.Sc.).
- Interest and skills in some of the following: algorithm design, distributed computing, machine learning or text analysis.
- Familiarity with some of the following: Tomcat, MySQL, Hibernate, Spring, JUnit, TestNG, Maven, ELK stack, Git, Atlassian software, nginx, computer hardware.