Want to do something interesting?
Tired of working in a boring software project you don’t really care about?
Come work at Leiki! We are a growing and profitable company which offers text analysis and recommendation SaaS using our own unique ontology-based product. Business is booming and we are expanding rapidly in Europe and USA, so we need more people! Right now we are looking for our Helsinki office:
Sure, there will be the usual daily tasks consisting of updates, documentation and maintenance as always – but you can also expect to work with interesting challenges due to new features, ever increasing efficiency requirements and varied international customers. Leiki also has a flat & flexible organization, where everybody from newcomer to CEO can give input on how to do things better, be it project methodology or a new algorithm. If this sounds good to you and you have the right skills, we want to hear from you!
At the moment we are looking for an experienced sysadmin who preferably is also happy to help with Java development tasks as needed. Your primary duties consist of managing our ever-increasing number of servers and applications running on them as well as ensuring everything is properly automated, monitored and documented. If you are willing to pitch in with occasional IT support duties around the office, it is appreciated, and any experience with Java profiling (memory/performance) is considered a big asset.
Applicants should have:
- 3+ years of industry experience.
- Strong experience in managing Linux servers.
- Strong experience in some of the following: cloud services, container/configuration management such as Docker or Puppet, TCP/IP networking or clustered services.
- Experience in SQL and databases.
- Familiarity with some of the following: Jenkins, Tomcat, Apache, MySQL, Hibernate, Spring, JUnit, TestNG, Maven, ELK stack, Git, Atlassian software, nginx, DNS, computer hardware.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and good general communication skills.
We also appreciate:
- Relevant degree (such as M.Sc.).
- Experience in developing server side Java applications.
- Experience in unit testing.
- Interest and skills in some of the following: algorithm design, distributed computing, machine learning or text analysis.