Want to do something interesting?
Tired of working in a boring software project you don’t really care about?
Come work at Leiki! We are a growing and profitable company which offers text analysis and recommendation SaaS using our own unique ontology based product. Business is booming and we are expanding rapidly in Europe and USA, so we need more people! Right now we are looking for our Helsinki office:
Algorithm Developer (Java)
Sure, there will be refactoring, fixing bugs and writing tests as always – but you can also expect to work with interesting challenges due to new features, ever increasing efficiency requirements and varied international customers. Leiki also has a flat & flexible organization where everybody from newcomer to CEO can give input on how to do things better, be it project methodology or a new algorithm. If this sounds good to you and you have the right skills, we want to hear from you!
At the moment we are looking for an experienced Java Developer who is able to also handle algorithm development work. If you are an analytically minded person who really enjoys tackling a good, hard problem we want to hear from you! The problems you will be working on will be varied and related to memory and speed optimization, distributed computing and text analysis. On average you can expect about 50/50 division of time between algorithm development work and normal Java dev work.
Applicants should have:
- 3+ years of industry experience.
- Strong skills in developing server side Java applications.
- Good understanding of algorithmic complexity and software performance issues.
- Good math skills.
- Interest and skills on some of the following: algorithm design, distributed computing, machine learning or text analysis.
- Experience in unit testing.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and good general communication skills.
We also appreciate:
- Relevant degree (such as M.Sc.).
- Familiarity with Linux servers.
- Familiarity with SQL and databases.
- Familiarity with some of the following: Tomcat, MySQL, Hibernate, Spring, JUnit, TestNG, Maven, ELK stack, Git.